Monday, May 27, 2013

Spirit Week: "Nerd" Day

Light weight post today in an attempt to get back in the blogging groove. I have four posts from last week that I'll try to backdate/backpost

The school has "Spirit Week"s every so often. The equivalent in the high school I attended as a student would've probably been "Pep Week" wherein there were dress-up days, activities, & contests throughout the week and a pep rally on the Friday. Spirit Weeks at my current school are almost exclusively dress-up themed days, PJ Day being the most popular one. So today is "Nerd" Day and I'm wearing a Kerri-special giftie, commemorating the original Battlestar-Galactica-Starbuck-Nine-Year-Old-Me-Was-Going-To-Marry glory.


So my blog topic is mostly a semantics question. I, personally, proudly self-identify as a "geek" and still hear "nerd" as a derogatory term. I may be in the minority. Anyone out there got an opinion?


(I believe credit for my knowledge of this graphic goes to Lori Hogan)

No comments:

Post a Comment