Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Play Is Pay

Not a real post today, sorry. I'm still humming from last night's Springsteen concert and then there was the little matter of a final project that isn't *quite* finished yet and needs to be presented online at 5pm.


Today's shirt was a Teefury (maybe Redbubble?) gift from Mitch and J and marries the raison d'ĂȘtre of Firefly's Mal and Jayne with the joie de vivre of Calvin and Hobbes. Fittingly, graphic artist Karen Hallion titled her work "Malvin and Cobbes". It's a whole series. Bonus points for clever...

**Addendum (28Nov2012)**

With grateful thanks for Steven Rubio, here are videos of my three favourite moments from the Springsteen concert:


Now THAT is a rock star, people! 63 years young and trusting his fans enough to crowd surf. Have to admit that I was afraid at times that Vancouver would be the city that dropped The Boss on his head but he made it back to the stage okay.


I hope that the little girl he brought on stage to sing with him will NEVER EVER forget that moment.


From young to the young at heart, I'll wager that every woman in Rogers Arena fell in love Monday night.

The one other stand-out memory for me Monday night was the moment of tribute for Clarence "The Big Man" Clemons during "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out". Of course, the video from the show would be five to ten minutes of pure applause... which is impressive but you really need to be there.

Hope you all are humming now too. Jeff had no idea what he was in for when he agreed to come with me but he was seriously impressed.

Oh, and my presentation when well even though I forgot to turn on the webcam. *shrug* the mic worked and no one seemed to mind that they couldn't see me as they were all operating their own link to my slideshow. Briefly, I'm taking a course on "Highly Able Learners" (once labelled "gifted" but the term has fallen out of favour) and the assignment was to create a document that explains the learning needs of these types of students and present an ideal environment in which to support them. As the document needs to be thorough without me there to interpret, some of the slides are a little wordy. Being a course run by a fairly optimistic instructor with a sense of humour, I went a little over-the-top with my ideal school. Being me, I've included the Simpsons and The Big Bang Theory in my Prezi (which, btw, is a really fun way to make a presentation). Take a look if you're inclined.


No comments:

Post a Comment